|02 Oct 2015||Free Quote|
Top 6 Latest Ecommerce Marketing Trends
The world of ecommerce is forever changing. If you want to stay ahead of the game, you have to be aware of these trends and be willing to conform to them. This will give you a better ROI and enable you to take your business to the next level.
1. Saturated Price Race
When you have lots of similar products, the lowest price will determine who wins. If you can’t provide a better quality product, you’re always going to lose out. This has two outcomes:
- Amazon and Alibaba will always have a monopoly on these products.
- It will encourage innovation in an attempt to gain an advantage.
2. Consumers Become Global
You can no longer rely on people purchasing from their own countries. With the ease of ordering from abroad, your competition will become global. Now you’ll have to figure out how to beat out the rest of the world.
3. Personalized Marketing Controlled by Big Data
Big data is king when it comes to ecommerce in modern day. It will become more and more accepted to use big data to deliver a personalized shopping experience. Google has already started this with its search engine. All searches are personalized.
4. Corporations Become Personal
Corporations will realize that they can no longer rely on name value along to net that sale. They will remove the grey suits and become more social with visitors and customers. How successful they will be in this endeavor, we have no idea.
5. Mobile Buying is on the Up
More and more shoppers are using their mobiles to make purchases. Companies will continue to tap into this and gear their websites towards mobile purchasing. Online stores that don’t adapt to this will lose both customers and revenue.
Here’s how you can defend yourself against this:
- Invest in responsive web design.
- Focus on mobile functionality before desktop functionality.
- Concentrate on monitoring your mobile results. Split testing using the A/B system will show you whether your efforts are bringing you the results you want.
6. Video-Based Marketing Will Boom
Video marketing is one of the most effective ways of marketing a product. The studies don’t lie. It leads to higher conversion, so more and more online stores are going to start producing videos in this vein. Expect full video-based integration to come sooner than you think.
With the world of ecommerce changing, it’s vital that you react in the right way. Begin crafting and tweaking your ecommerce strategies today.